Sunday, January 10, 2010


The holidays are behind, and 2010 is here. My goal is to have the '61 ready for the summer show schedule, so it's time to get the project rolling again. Last week, I took some of my Christmas cash and bought a stud welder from Harbor Freight to start working out the big dent on the rear driver's side. The tool did great welding the studs onto the bare steel, but the slide hammer that came with it was absolute garbage. It was the roller-wheel type and it was worn out after banging 5 studs. I ended up taking it back and getting a refund. I'm now watching ebay to pick up a package that includes a top quality slide hammer. I'll have to spend double (probably $200) to get a decent one, but it will be worth it. I don't need it immediately so I can be patient. Here's a few pictures of the studs welded on.

1 comment:

Janae' said...

Oh my gosh you got the Ghia!! That is awesome!!! And why am I not surprised to find you are a blogger? Couldn't sleep and found your blog and read it. How fun! Glad to see you are still having fun with those cars Lance :)